Saturday, November 24, 2007

Rollin', Rollin', Rollin'

So I'm walking home from class about a week and a half ago and check my voicemail to find a high-pitched, ecstatic message from Gina breathlessly telling me that Anna rolled over for the first time. And not only one time, but five or six times in succession. You can hear how proud her mama is in this clip, and her daddy is, too, of course. I'm still trying to teach Anna that tummy-time would be much more enjoyable if she propped herself up on her elbows and hands, but she's only slowly grasping the wisdom of her elders, still preferring more often than not to thrust her arms out like an airplane and churn her legs like she's swimming the 400m IM. When she finally figures out how to coordinate and channel her vast ambulatory energies, we're not going to be able to keep up with her. Good thing our apartment is small!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, sweet darlin' granddaughter..Nana is so proud of you! I can tell you're going to be a great swimmer as well! I love you!

Anonymous said...

Gina, you are a great trainer. Now that you have taught your daughter to roll over, the next step is to teach her to bark, I mean "speak". Can't wait to see Annas tricks when we see her in person in WA in 2 weeks.
Dad

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker