Sunday, June 29, 2008

master of the divine?

Hardly. But after 3 years of laborious love, I finally graduated with my Master of Divinity (M.Div.) degree from Columbia Theological Seminary in Decatur, GA. Commencement took place on May 17, the same exact day that my sister, Laura, graduated from Christian Theological Seminary (also CTS for the acronym-ically savvy) in Indianapolis with her Master's in Counseling. Way to go, sis!! As for me, it was a satisfying day to pause and look back over the previous three years: the ways in which I and my family have grown relationally, spiritually, intellectually, and physically (I'm referring mainly to Anna though my waist size has unfortunately grown ever so slightly as well). Anna was there to celebrate the accomplishment in her own special way...by sleeping through the ceremony. Right on cue, though, she woke up as we were beginning to take pictures inside the sanctuary. She's obviously beaming with pride :)

As of graduation, I still did not see clearly how seminary fit into God's purpose for the next stage of our lives. Within a few weeks, however, I was offered a job with Bread for the World, a collective Christian voice urging our nation's decision makers to end hunger at home and abroad, as their Southeastern Regional Field Organizer based out of Atlanta. Truly a gracious invitation to employ my theological training on behalf of poor and hungry people around the world. So we're staying put in Atlanta, at least for the time being. And get this: my office is 6 floors up from Gina's in the same building! Normally this would be fertile ground for office romance, but what do you do when you're already married?

1 comment:

Mama V said...

Wow, she looks just like you in that last shot, Greg!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker